Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Emergency Department: Nurse Practitioner
The scheme is an Australian Government initiative supporting at least 40 nurses per year working within a hospital emergency department to undertake nurse practitioner studies at an Australian university or registered training organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurses are encouraged to apply.
Applications are currently closed. The online application for studies in 2014 will become available Monday 22 July 2013.
Value of scholarship
The scheme provides financial assistance in the form of a scholarship worth up to a total of $15 000 for two years full time study or $7500 per year for up to four years part time study.
These funds are intended to assist successful recipients in meeting the cost of their chosen nurse practitioner course. Funding will not be available for courses studied outside Australia.
These scholarships are not bonded.
Applications will be considered from applicants who are:
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- a registered nurse with current registration
- currently working in an emergency department
- delivering clinical services in Australia
- intending to undertake nurse practitioner studies. These studies must lead towards endorsement as a nurse practitioner.
for a list of eligible accredited nurse practitioner courses.
Funding will be available for nurse practitioner studies in 2013.These funds are intended to assist successful recipients in meeting the cost of their chosen nurse practitioner course.
If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
Scholarships will be awarded on the recommendation of a selection committee and will be based on how you address the following criteria:
- How the chosen postgraduate study will assist in furthering your career.
- How life experiences and professional career to date demonstrate their commitment to nursing or midwifery in your chosen professional field.
Need more information?
For clarification of your eligibility under this scheme please contact ACN:
1800 117 262