Aged Care Nursing Scholarships: Continuing Professional Development
Aged Care Nursing Scholarships: Continuing Professional Development is funded by the Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. It is an initiative supporting registered and enrolled nurses who work within the aged care sector to attend short courses, conferences or workshops in 2013.
Applications are now open and will close on Friday 26 April 2013. Click here
for a hard copy application form.
To be eligible to apply for a continuing professional development scholarship applicants must be:
If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- a registered or enrolled nurse with current registration
- be directly employed in and by an Australian Government funded approved provider of:
o a residential aged care service
o community aged care service
o multipurpose service
o Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flexible service.
- delivering some direct care
- intending to attend a conference, short course or workshop, in Australia, relating to the care of older people. Topics may include but are not limited to clinical gerontology, behavioural management, dementia care, wound care, continence care, palliative care and infection control. Leadership and management courses or conferences are also considered eligible.
Please note applicants already receiving a scholarship funded by the Australian Government which is administered by RCNA are ineligible.
Value of a scholarship
Scholarships are available for conferences, short courses and workshops.
Applicants can receive up to a maximum of $5,000 for a short course or workshop.
Applicants can receive up to a maximum of $3,000 for a conference.
Funding will not
be available for courses studied outside Australia.
Need more information?
For clarification of your eligibility under this scheme please contact ACN:
1800 11 66 96