Aged Care Nursing Scholarships: Nurse Practitioner
The Aged Care Nursing Scholarships: Nurse Practitioner is funded by Australian Government as represented by the Department of Health and Ageing.
The Aged Care Nursing Scholarships: Nurse Practitioner is an Australian Government initiative supporting registered nurses who work within the aged care sector to undertake nurse practitioner studies at an Australian tertiary institute.
Applications will open on Monday 1 July 2013 for study in 2014.
To be eligible to apply for a nurse practitioner scholarship applicants must:
If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident of Australia
- be a registered nurse with current registration
- be directly employed in and by an Australian Government funded approved provider of:
o a residential aged care service
o community aged care service
o multipurpose service
o Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flexible service.
- deliver some direct care
- have a minimum of three years experience working within the aged care sector as a registered nurse
- be intending to undertake nurse practitioner studies. These studies must lead towards endorsement as a nurse practitioner.
Applicants who have commenced study prior to the opening of the current round will be considered. However, successful applicants will only receive funding for study undertaken from 2013 onwards.
Please note applicants already receiving a scholarship funded by the Australian Government, which is administered by ACN are ineligible.
Value of a scholarship
The scheme provides financial assistance in the form of a scholarship worth up to a total of $15,000 per year for two years full time study ($30,000 in total), or $7,500 per year for up to four years part time study.
Funding will not
be available for courses studied outside Australia. These scholarships are not bonded.
Need more information?
For clarification of your eligibility under this scheme please contact ACN:
1800 116 696