Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Clinical Placement Scholarships for nursing and midwifery students undertaking placement in Tasmania
The scheme is an Australian Government initiative to support students enrolled in an approved undergraduate or entry level nursing or midwifery course to undertake a clinical placement in Tasmania.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nursing or midwifery students are encouraged to apply.
Applications are now open. Click here
Clinical placement scholarships are available to nursing and midwifery students who meet the following criteria:
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- enrolled in an accredited midwifery, registered nursing or enrolled nursing program that results in a nationally recognised qualification
- have a confirmed clinical placement within Tasmania
Preference will be given to applicants who:
If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
- currently reside in Tasmania
- are required to relocate or travel further than half an hour to reach their clinical placement
Current NAHSSS undergraduate scholarship recipients may apply.
You can only receive any clinical placement scholarships once
during your studies.
Eligible nursing and midwifery entry level courses
- Diploma of nursing (enrolled nurse)
- Bachelor of nursing
- Bachelor of midwifery
- Bachelor of nursing/midwifery
- Master of nursing (pre-registration)
- Master of midwifery
- Graduate diploma of Midwifery
Scholarships will be awarded based on how an applicant addresses the following criteria:
- Knowledge of contemporary issues in nursing
Value of scholarship
Scholarships are worth up to $5 000. Funding can be used for:
- Accommodation (Costs will only be paid to students who are required to relocate from their usual residence for the period of the clinical placement.)
When you are not required to relocate from your usual place of residence for the purpose of undertaking the clinical placement, no payment
will be made for accommodation.
If you remain in your usual place of residence but incur additional travel expenses in undertaking the clinical placement, ACN will consider
the reimbursement of such expenses.
To be considered eligible to receive funding towards additional travel expenses you must be
travelling in excess of half an hour each way to and from placement each day.
Need more information?
For further information or clarification of your eligibility under this scheme please contact ACN:
1800 117 262