Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Continuing Professional Development
The Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Continuing Professional Development (NAHSSS CPD) is funded by Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing. The scheme is an Australian Government initiative supporting nurses and midwives to undertake continuing professional education activities, short courses and conferences.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurses or midwives are encouraged to apply for NAHSSS: CPD.
Australian College of Nursing receives an extremely high volume of applications, meeting the eligibility criteria will not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.
Applications are now open and will close on 19 April at midnight AEST. Click here
Value of scholarship
The scheme provides financial assistance for Continuing Professional Development in the form of a scholarship worth up to a total of $1500 per applicant. These funds are intended to assist scholars in meeting the cost of their chosen CPD activity.
Funding will not
be available for activities outside Australia.
Applicants must be:
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- an enrolled nurse, registered nurse or registered midwife with current Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) registration
- delivering clinical services
- participating in an activity that is eligible to accrue Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as prescribed by the NMBA
- will attend a course or conference commencing on or after 1 January 2013 and before 31 December 2013.
For the purposes of this scholarship, clinical services involve direct client contact providing direct treatment, intervention or assistance, assessment, client management and education across the health care system.
If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
Scholarships will be awarded as a contribution toward the cost of accessing
- Short courses
The following courses are not considered eligible for a continuing professional development scholarship:
- postgraduate courses
- masters by research
- entry level nursing and midwifery courses
- continuing professional development activity outside of Australia.
Scholarships are to fund individual recipients for continuing professional development. Persons seeking to deliver continuing professional development activities to a health professional group are not eligible to apply.
Selection criteria for Continuing Professional Development Scholarships
Scholarships will be awarded on the recommendation of a selection committee and will be based on how applicants address the following selection questions:
- Discuss how this continuing professional development activity will benefit you in furthering your career.
- Discuss how you have shown commitment to clinical practice in your chosen professional field.
Recently re-entered or newly graduated nurses with current registration are encouraged to apply under this scheme to further skill themselves for their specific workplace.
Please contact Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health
if you are an allied health professional.
Need more information?
For further information or clarification of your eligibility under this scheme please contact ACN:
1800 117 262