Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Continuing Professional Development: Emergency Department
The scheme is an Australian Government initiative supporting nurses and midwives working within a hospital emergency department to undertake continuing professional development (CPD) activities, short courses and conferences.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurses and midwives are encouraged to apply for the CPD: ED.
Applications are now open and will close on 19 April at midnight AEST. Click here
Value of scholarship
The scheme provides financial assistance for CPD in the form of a scholarship worth up to a total of $1,500 per applicant. These funds are intended to assist scholars in meeting the cost of their chosen CPD activity.
Funding will not
be available for activities outside Australia.
Applicants must be:
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- an enrolled nurse, registered nurse or registered midwife with current Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) registration
- Currently working in a hospital emergency department.
- delivering clinical services
- participating in an activity that is eligible to accrue Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours as prescribed by the NMBA
- will attend a course or conference commencing on or after 1 January 2013 and before 31 December 2013.
For the purposes of this scholarship, clinical services involve direct client contact providing direct treatment, intervention or assistance, assessment, client management and education across the health care system.
Scholarships will be awarded as a contribution toward the cost of accessing:
If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
- Short courses
- Individual clinical placements, for example; for gaining clinical experience and upgrading skills in a specialty area of your profession
The following courses are not considered eligible for a continuing professional development scholarship:
- postgraduate courses
- masters by research
- entry level nursing and midwifery courses
- continuing professional development activity outside of Australia.
Scholarships are to fund individual recipients for continuing professional development or postgraduate activities. Persons seeking to deliver continuing professional development activities to a health professional group are not eligible to apply.
Selection criteria for Continuing Professional Development Scholarships
Scholarships will be awarded on the recommendation of a selection committee and will be based on how an applicant addresses the following criteria
- How the scholarship will benefit them in furthering your career
- Commitment to clinical practice in a hospital emergency department
- How their life experiences and/or professional career to date demonstrate their commitment to furthering their nursing career in a hospital emergency department
Need more information?
For clarification of your eligibility under this scheme please contact ACN:
1800 117 262