Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Continuing Professional Development: Non clinical support staff working in a hospital emergency department
The scheme is an Australian Government initiative. The scholarship enables non clinical support staff to enhance their skills to administer the workflows in a hospital emergency department.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander non clinical support staff are encouraged to apply for NCASS: CPD.
Applications are now open and will close on 19 April at midnight AEST. Click here
Value of scholarship
The scheme provides financial assistance for continuing professional development in the form of a scholarship with a maximum total of $1500 per applicant.
These funds are intended to assist scholarship recipients in meeting the cost of their chosen CPD activity.
Funding will not
be available for activities outside Australia.
Applicants must be:
If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- currently employed in a non-clinical administrative support role in a hospital emergency department
- undertaking continuing professional development within the specified 12 month period.
- Non-clinical administrative support staff working in a hospital emergency department.
Scholarships will be awarded as a contribution toward the cost of accessing:
- Short courses
The following courses are not considered eligible for a continuing professional development scholarship:
- postgraduate courses
- masters by research
- entry level courses
- continuing professional development activity outside of Australia.
Scholarships are to fund individual recipients for continuing professional development. Persons seeking to deliver continuing professional development activities to a health professional group are not eligible to apply.
Selection criteria for NAHSSS: CPD: Administrative Support Staff
Scholarships will be based on how the applicant addresses the following criteria:
- How the chosen continuing professional development activity will assist in furthering the recipients career.
- How life experiences and professional career to date demonstrate their commitment to working in an emergency department.
Need more information?
For clarification of your eligibility under this scheme please contact ACN:
1800 117 262