Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Midwifery Prescribing
The Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Midwifery Prescribing (NAHSSS MP) is funded by Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.
An Australian Government initiative aimed at midwives leading to endorsement for Scheduled Medicines as Eligible Midwives.
Applications are now open and will close on 19 April at midnight AEST. Click here
Approved accredited course
The only course eligible for this scholarship is:
- Graduate Certificate Midwifery (Leading to Endorsement for Scheduled Medicines for Eligible Midwives)
Funding under this scheme is available for applicants who meet the following criteria:
If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
- Australian citizen or permanent resident
- registered midwife with current registration
- intending to enrol in the Graduate Certificate Midwifery for semester 2 2013
- demonstrated commitment to advancing their midwifery practice
- delivering clinical services in Australia.
Value of scholarship
The scheme provides financial assistance in the form of a scholarship worth up to a total of $7500 for one semester full time study or $3750 per semester for up to one year part time study.
These funds are intended to assist successful recipients in meeting the cost of the Graduate Certificate Midwifery (Leading to Endorsement for Scheduled Medicines for Eligible Midwives). Funding will not be available for courses studied outside Australia. These scholarships are not bonded.
Please contact Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health
if you are an allied health professional.
Need more information?
For clarification of your eligibility under this scheme please contact ACN:
1800 117 262