Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme:
The Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Nurse Re-entry (NAHSSS NR) is funded by Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.
The scheme is an Australian Government initiative supporting nurses and midwives to re-enter the workforce.
Re-entering Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurses or midwives are encouraged to apply.
Applications are now open and will close on 19 April at midnight AEST. Click here
Value of scholarship
Nurses or midwives undertaking re-entry courses can receive up to a maximum of $6000.
Funding will not be available for activities outside Australia.
Eligibility criteria for Nurse Re-entry
Applicants must be:
If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
- an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- an enrolled nurse, registered nurse or registered midwife whose registration with NMBA has lapsed
- considered eligible to re-register by the NMBA
- intending to participate in an accredited re-entry course, that will lead to re-registration with the NMBA.
- undertaking nurse re-entry course within the specified 12 month period.
Scholarships will only be awarded for nurse or midwife re-entry courses accredited by the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA). Courses may be provided by Australian universities, TAFEs, registered training organisations or other providers within Australia.
for a list of eligible re-entry courses.
The following courses are not considered eligible for a nurse re-entry scholarship:
- postgraduate courses
- masters by research
- entry level nursing and midwifery courses
- activities outside of Australia.
Selection criteria for Nurse Re-entry Scholarships
Scholarships will be awarded on the recommendation of a selection committee and will be based on how they address the following criteria:
- How a scholarship will benefit them in returning to midwifery or nursing
- Demonstrate their future intentions for your midwifery or nursing career
Please contact Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health
if you are an allied health professional.
Need more information?
For clarification of your eligibility under this scheme please contact ACN:
1800 112 240