Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Postgraduate
The Nursing and Allied Health Scholarship and Support Scheme: Postgraduate (NAHSSS PG) is funded by Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing.
The scheme is an Australian Government initiative supporting nurses and midwives to undertake postgraduate studies at an Australian university or registered training organisation.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander nurses and midwives are encouraged.
Australian College of Nursing receives an extremely high volume of applications; meeting the eligibility criteria will not guarantee applicants a scholarship offer.
Applications are currently closed. The online application for studies in 2014 will become available Monday 22 July 2013.
Value of scholarship
The scheme provides financial assistance in the form of a scholarship worth up to a total of $15 000 per year for up to two years full time study or $7500 per year for up to four years part time study. Scholarship funding is awarded based on the normal duration of a course.
These funds are intended to assist successful recipients in meeting the cost of their chosen postgraduate course.
Funding will not be available for courses studied outside Australia. These scholarships are not bonded.
Applications will be considered from applicants who are:
- Australian citizens or permanent residents
- An enrolled nurse, registered nurse or midwife with current registration
- Delivering clinical services in Australia
- Studying or intending to study a postgraduate nursing course at an Australian university or registered training organisation.
For the purposes of this scholarship, clinical services involve direct client contact providing direct treatment, intervention or assistance, assessment, client management and education across the health care system.
If you are a New Zealand citizen, please click here to determine your eligibility for this scholarship.
Scholarships will be awarded on the recommendation of a selection committee and will be based on how an applicant addresses the following criteria:
- How their chosen postgraduate study will assist in furthering their career.
- How life experiences and professional career to date demonstrate their commitment to nursing or midwifery.
Courses must be provided by Australian universities or registered training organisations. The course selected must provide the student with greater skills and knowledge in a field of direct relevance to nursing or midwifery.
Scholarships will be awarded as a contribution toward the cost of courses at the following levels:
- Graduate Certificate
- Graduate Diploma
The following courses are not considered eligible for a postgraduate scholarship:
- vocational graduate certificate or vocational graduate diploma
- masters by research
- entry level nursing and midwifery courses
- postgraduate activities offered by an overseas educational institution (including face to face, on line or external study).
Please contact Services for Australian Rural and Remote Allied Health
if you are an allied health professional.
Need more information?
For clarification of your eligibility under this scheme please contact ACN:
1800 117 262