Maintaining your privacy
Royal College of
(ACN 004 271 103) (RCNA
Collecting personal information
RCNA collects aggregated, non-personal statistical information on Site visitors such as:
- your server’s address;
- your top level domain name;
- the date and time of your visit to the Site;
- the pages you accessed and the documents you viewed or downloaded;
- the services you ordered, accessed or used;
- the duration of your visit to the Site;
- the previous Site you have visited; and
- the type of web browser you are using.
RCNA also collects user submitted information such as:
- member account information, including name and email address;
- materials ordered or training courses services you access or use;
- location information, including city, state and postcode;
Please note, when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information on the RCNA Site forums or postings, that information, along with any substantive information disclosed in your communication, can potentially be collected, correlated and used by third parties.
You must register and create an account to use and access the members section of the RCNA Site. All information provided when registering for a RCNA user account including name, address, email address, telephone number or other details can be viewed, modified or deleted at any time by contacting us, or alternatively you may edit your own user account details. If you do not provide us with this personal information, we may not be able to process your application/registration.
RCNA members wishing to resign their membership should contact either firstname.lastname@example.org
or call freecall 1800 061 660.
If requested, RCNA will use commercially reasonable efforts to functionally remove your personal information from the Site. Given the nature of the RCNA Site, it may not be possible to remove all details, and some residual personal information may remain on the Site. RCNA will however ensure that when you resign your membership, your encrypted payment details and logon details will be deleted from the RCNA database which relates to the Site. RCNA retains a copy of all current and past member contact information.
Using personal information
RCNA does not use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected, unless such use or disclosure would be reasonably expected or you give us your consent.
Unless you contact us in writing to indicate otherwise, by opening an account you consent to your personal information being used by us or our related entities to:
Selling or transferring your personal information
- establish a user account;
- contact you for any purpose related to your account or your use of the Site;
- verify your identity;
- provide the materials or services you order or request;
- administer and process your orders or requests, including processing any payments;
- market products, services and special offers to you;
- conduct in-house market research in order to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of users;
- assist you to subscribe to any newsletter or other promotions we offer or may in the future offer and to manage and administer those services;
- respond to any queries or feedback you may have;
- inform you of ways the information, content or services provided via the Site could be improved;
- research and develop our materials and services;
- maintain and develop our business systems;
- display and aggregate your postings, including images, ratings, opinions, comments and reviews;
- gain a better understanding of your information service requirements;
- ensure your compliance as an RCNA member, 3LP subscriber and/or RCNA event participant with RCNA’s Constitution and by-laws
RCNA will notify you when your personal information may be provided to third parties in ways other than explained above, and you will have the option to prevent such information sharing.
Disclosing personal information
In providing materials or services to you, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to other organisations, including:
- your representatives;
- our professional advisers (including auditors, accountants, lawyers); and
- Government agencies which request aspects of training services we provide to you.
Upon acceptance of your application to RCNA, your contact details may be passed on to the chair of your local RCNA chapter and to the editor of any national networks you join. Your chapter chair and network editor/s will only use these details consistently with the purposes listed above.
We also may disclose certain personal information that you provide to external service providers to whom we have contracted out functions, such as printers and mailing houses. We will only share personal information with external service providers for purposes consistent with those listed above.
We may also use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our Site. These companies may use information (not personal or contact details) about your visits to this web Site to measure advertising effectiveness and to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their own use.
Links to third party Sites
RCNA may contain links to third party sites. These linked sites are not under our control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those sites and do not know whether cookies or other tracking devices are used on linked sites. We recommend that you review the privacy policies of each site you visit before disclosing your personal information.
Securing your personal information
All personal information held by RCNA is stored on secure servers (owned by third parties) that are protected in a controlled environment. The third parties have limited access to your personal information. The third parties’ access to your personal information is generally limited to access to support the day to day operations of RCNA’s website and the proper management and storage of your personal information.
You should be aware however that due to the open nature of the Internet, information exchanged via the Internet may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the data is intended. If you provide or send us any personal information, it is sent at your own risk. Although we endeavour to keep your personal information secure, RCNA will not be held responsible for any unauthorised access and use of your personal information.
To help us keep your personal information secure, you should at all times keep your password, user-name and account details used on the RCNA Site confidential. If you become aware of unauthorised usage of your password, user-name or account you should contact us immediately.
Please contact us to find out more about our procedures and policies in relation to the collection, use, disclosure, storage and handling of personal information.
You have the right to access any personal information that RCNA holds about you, subject to the exceptions in the Privacy Act 1988
If you still require further information then you should contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner whose details follow:
Privacy Hotline on 1300-363-992; or